Comfortbilt HP22 Pellet Stove Reviews: The most efficient Pellet Stove
Comfortbilt HP22 Pellet Stove review
You’re looking to heat things up in your home? Installing a pellet stove is a great way to start. Pellet stoves are becoming a more popular household item in America as they are safer, more efficient, and typically cheaper than other types of stoves or heaters.
They don’t emit heat externally when operating. They are also smoke-free since they don’t produce smoke. They are easy to operate, environmentally-friendly and can save fuel costs.
The U.S. Department of Energy as mentioned that about 90% of Americans used wood to heat their homes even before the 20th century. As of 2010, around 2,382,737 households, or 2.1% of homes, use wood as a primary source of heat, according to the statistical data of the US Census. It is no longer surprising why the pellet stove industry is experiencing continuous growth.
A Brief Look at Comfortbilt HP22 Pellet Stove
One of the most popular pellet stove models available in the market today is Comfortbilt HP22. I can safely say that the Comfortbilt HP22 Pellet Stove is a good option because it has most, if not all, of the features and benefits a pellet stove should have.
It has several unique features and provides practical benefits for every American home. With its elegant design, large viewing area, and high burn efficiency rating, it’s no longer surprising to see many homeowners choosing it over the other models.
Why Choose the Comfortbilt HP22?
When talking about the best pellet stoves, Comfortbilt is one of the first brands that come to mind. Comfortbilt HP22, in particular, is so far one of the best sellers the company has ever put out on the market. It stands out with its classic bay design and wide-view glass window.
It stands at 25 x 30 x 35 feet (W x D x H) and can fit perfectly in a corner. This model has been getting great reviews from customers in every part of the country. Check out the following pros and cons section, so you’ll know what this pellet stove model can do, and some of its flaws.
- Eco-friendly and efficient
- Attractive charcoal gray design
- High heat output – This makes it useful in heating large areas.
- Easy to manage temperature with the aid of a user-friendly remote control
- Features push-start auto-ignition, programmable thermostat, ash pan, and large viewing glass
- Automatic safety features
- Operates continuously for more than 12 hours
- Durable construction
- Easy to use and clean
- Pellet stoves are heat-safe.
- A bit more expensive compared to other models in the same category
- The warranty period on parts and technical assistance is only good for 1 year
- Some of the controls are a bit complex to operate.
- Takes up to 30 minutes to restart in case it shuts down due to power failure or other causes
Comparison with Similar Models
Aside from the HP22 model, Comfortbilt also markets the HP50, HP21, and HP61 models. While these products have a lot in common, they certainly aren’t completely the same.
The HP50 stands at 20 x 26 x 37 feet, making it a little less wide than HP22. It has 42,000 BTU and can heat up to 1,700 square feet. This model comes in 4 attractive colors - apricot, red, green and charcoal gray. It can operate continuously for up to 40 hours and has an 86% burn efficiency.
The HP21 is an entry-level stove and measures 24 x 24 x 36 feet. This makes it ideal for smaller spaces only. It comes with 34,000 BTU for heating up to 1,700 square feet. The exhaust is 16 feet off the floor and 6 feet from the left side. It has 110-volt powerful blower, 86% efficiency rating, and 44-pound hopper capacity. This is lower than what Comfortbilt HP22 offers.
Finally, the HP61 model has dimensions of 24 x 26 x 36 feet. It comes in either anodized bronze or charcoal gray. Like Comfortbilt HP22, HP61 also has a 55-pound hopper and 50,000 BTU for warming up to 2,000 square feet. HP61 is more compact and slightly smaller than Comfortbilt HP22. It has an octagonal shape whereas HP22 has a square built.
All these Comfortbilt models are EPA certified and come with programmable thermostat, remote control, auto ignition and ash pan. Further, these products are all bestsellers.
Comfortbilt HP22 Features with Benefits
- 50,000 BTU heat output – This makes it capable of heating up large spaces, up to 2,000 square feet
- EPA certified with 86% burn efficiency
- 55-pound hopper capacity – This provides more than 12 hours of non-stop operation.
- 110-volt blower – This feature allows heat to circulate around the room
- Two-stage burning process - This ensures that all thermal units are extracted only from pellets
- Auto-ignition for easy start-up
- Automatic safety features offering protection against overheating – It also reduces risks that may occur during a power outage.
- Programmable thermostat, giving you full control over the room temperature
- Large ash pan for convenient cleaning
- Remote control function, making the pellet stove easier to use
- 1-year parts warranty covers your product from factory defects
FAQ about Comfortbilt HP22 pellet stove
Q: Is the stove noisy?
A: Not at all. The Comfortbilt HP22 operates quietly.
Q: Does it come with a removable ash pan?
A: Yes. It has a large ash pan, which you can either remove or empty using a shop vac.
Q: Do you need to place anything on the floor under the stove?
A: I would advise anyone to put a non-combustible surface, such as a ceramic tile, under the stove for support. This will prevent any damage to the flooring.
Q: What are the control settings of the thermostat?
A: The setting range of the thermostat is 61 to 84 degrees.
Q: Does the control panel have a hide-away or is it permanently mounted?
A: The control panel is permanently mounted towards the back. You can move it to the right or left of the center position.
Q: How is the stove vented?
A: All Comfortbilt pellet stoves employ a 3-inch double-wall exhaust pipe system. You can vent it up at your chimney or through the wall.
Q: Can I install the unit in a wall corner with a window on either side?
A: There must be at least 4-feet distance from any adjacent window.
All in all, the Comfortbilt HP22 pellet stove is worth the investment. It is eco-friendly, human-friendly and serves its purpose. While the other models have impressive features, the HP22 has the ideal combination of efficiency, ease of use and practicality. Other Comfortbilt HP22 pellet stove reviews will agree to this.
According to the Pellet Fuel Institute, manufacturers of pellet fuels are present in 33 US states. If there are pellets manufactured and marketed in or near your area, you can easily take advantage of the aforementioned benefits and go the greener, healthier route with the Comfortbilt HP22 stove.
Comfortbilt HP22 Manual
If you need a Comfortbilt hp22 pellet stove manual, you can download it from Here. This Operator’s Manual of Comfortbilt hp22 pellet stove will provide you every single matters about it.
Last Updated on February 10, 2020 by Harris